Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Searching for usefulness.

I've always liked writing, and I've always enjoyed sharing with people.  For some reason I've continually struggled with producing a consistent blog.  I was just about to say that I don't understand why this happens, but I do.  Life has a knack for getting in the way of things.  There are only so many hours in the day and writing blog posts hasn't ever been something I prioritize over sleeping.

I'd love to be able to say, with conviction, that I'm going to blog all the time.  I just don't think I can right now.  My life is busy.  A lot has happened since I last wrote here.  Mainly, my dad died.  It was sudden, and unexpected.  Calling it "my worst nightmare" doesn't even come close to summing it up.

 Externalizing my thoughts has always been a constructive emotional exercise.  People close to me might be confused by that statement because I'm not always an open book.  Sometimes we don't always do what's best for ourselves.  In an effort to give some measure of priority to my mental health, I think I need to post stuff here more.  Regardless of whether or not I end up with an audience, there are things I just need to put down in writing.  Chronicling the events surrounding my dad's death has been looming.  That is a high priority item for me to address.  Aside from that, I think I would enjoy sharing some normal day-to-day things here too.  I might even find a good use for my giant DSLR.  Having creative outlets has been theraputic lately.

Not Without Heart is one of two blogs I write on.  The other, Chronicles of a Casual, is a blog for my adventures in World of Warcraft.  There will possibly be some crossover between the two topics as WoW is a part of my life, and as a blogger my life is a part of WoW.  Hopefully I can make meaningful contributions to both blogs.  In the end it's really all about helping myself.  If I end up producing something worthy of an audience, that'll be the icing on the cake.

No comments: